Tuesday 9th February 2016 is Safer Internet Day. The theme of this years Safer Internet Day is:
‘Play your part for a better Internet’
Safer Internet Day sees hundreds of organisations get involved to help promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet. Ultimately, a better internet is up to all of us.
To find out more or to get involved in Safer Internet Day 2016 or to find out how to make the internet safer for your family see the links below:
- For tools, tips and ideas to get you started go to: www.saferinternet.org.uk
- If you are a young person wanting advice on how to be safe online go to: www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-and-resources/young-people
- If you are a parent or carer and want advice as to how you can make the internet safer go to: www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-and-resources/parents-and-carers
- If you are a teacher or professional go to: www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-and-resources/teachers-and-professionals
- NSPCC’s Share Aware Campaign: www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/share-aware
- Live It Well’s Internet Safety Advice: www.liveitwell.org.uk/recovery-resource/internet-safety