March 12 is No Smoking Day.
Find out ways to stop smoking in Kent and Medway on No Smoking Day. Everybody has their own personal reason for wanting to give up smoking. Some people give up as part of a larger lifestyle change – to be healthier, to get fit, or to save money. For some, it’s more about how their smoking affects the people around them – their family, friends, and little ones. Whatever your reason, thinking carefully about your motivation and keeping a reminder in key places can be really helpful for keeping you going through the tough times.
So if you want to take the first steps to quit smoking in Kent and Medway go to Live It Well’s Stop Smoking information.
A HEALTHIER YOU The benefits for your body when you stop smoking start straight away.
- 20 MINUTES - Your heart rate and blood pressure return to normal
- 8 – 24 HOURS - Nicotine and carbon monoxide start to leave your body and oxygen levels return to normal
- 24 HOURS - Your lungs start to clear out mucus and other smoking debris
- 48 – 72 HOURS - Your sense of smell and taste both improve
- 2 – 12 WEEKS - Exercise becomes easier and your breathing improves
- 3 – 9 MONTHS - Any coughs, wheezing and breathing problems are reduced as your lungs repair
- 1 YEAR - Your risk of coronary heart disease is now half that of a smoker
For more information and facts about No Smoking day follow the link: www.nosmokingday.org.uk