Add to Your Support

Need Help Now?

If you need help and to speak to someone now, call the Mental Health Matters 24 hour helpline where a trained adviser will support you to find help:

mental health matters

* this number is free for both landlines and mobile phones

  • If you have taken an overdose or you have harmed yourself call 999 immediately and ask for help, alternatively go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department.
  • If you are already known to mental health services and feel that you are relapsing or having a crisis in hours (9-5 Monday – Friday), call your care co-ordinator in the Community Mental Health Team or if your care co-ordinator is not available speak to the duty worker. To find the details of your local Community Mental Health Team here: click here.
  • There is a single point of access number for patients, carers and clinicians seeking mental help advice and support call them on 0300 222 0123
  • If you have never had any contact with mental health services but are experience a mental health crisis and have not overdosed or harmed yourself an ambulance or the police may not be the best route to access onward care. Call KMPT’s Single Point of Access on: 0300 222 0123 and you will speak to a health care professional with mental health training and expertise.  For more on KMPT’s single point of access number go to: www.kmpt.nhs.uk/where-do-i-go-in-a-crisis

Mind have produced a guide on how to support someone who feels suicidal to see there guide click here.

General support

Anxious? Depressed? Or finding it hard to cope, why not refer yourself into the NHS Therapy and Counselling Services that are available in Kent and Medway.

If you are a carer we have some information and support for you at the Live It Well Carers Information Page.

For information about Money and Benefits and how to get Free Debt help follow the links.

For information about mental health advocacy follow the link.

If you have been diagnosed with a mental health condition and want to read more about it, Mind have an excellent A – Z guide available. You can find out more by clicking here.

Additional Help and Support

  • Call the Samaritans for 24 hour support for people experiencing a crisis – Call 116 123, they also offer support via email, letter and face-to-face. The number works if you do not even have credit on your phone.
  • Call SANEline – 6pm – 11pm every evening – 0845 767 8000. They also have SANEmail, offering the same services online via email, you can contact them by clicking here.
  • Cruse promotes the well-being of bereaved people and enables anyone bereaved by death to understand their grief and cope with their loss.They provide free care to all bereaved people. Follow the link: www.cruse.org.uk for their website, they also run a national telephone helpline that is open for calls from 9.30 – 5pm or 7pm on Mondays and Wednesdays their telephone number is 0844 477 9400. Cruse Bereavement Care also have a website for young people called Hope Again to access this resource go to: hopeagain.org.uk.
  • Eating Disorders: It is important that people with an eating disorder get help early. The usual first port of call should be your GP. Many patients can be supported by their family doctor, who will also be able to refer you for more specialist help if you need it. Mental Health Matters helpline offers confidential emotional support, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, on 0800 107 0160. You may also be interested in NHS Therapy and Counselling for more information. For more details about specialist eating disorders services, click here.
    Beat provides helplines, online support and a network of UK-wide self-help groups to help adults and young people in the UK beat their eating disorders to go to their website click here.
  • Young Peoples Mental Healthclick here to visit the Kent and Medway CAMHS Services page.
    Young Minds also provide help and information to improve the mental and emotional wellbeing of all children and young people, to access their website click here.
    To see the information on Kent County Council’s webpage on young people click here.
    If you are worried about a friends mental health, maybe they are stressed, anxious or depressed you can go to the Epic Friends website for help and ideas as to how you can support someone, click here to access the site.
    If you are a parent or carer MindEd is an online resource which provides information and advice concerning children’s mental health and wellbeing. To go to their website follow the link: minded.e-lfh.org.uk/families/index.html

Live It Well wants to ensure that everyone gets the help and support that they need to maintain their wellbeing and to stay well. If you have any other suggestions or information to add to the website please contact us and let us know.

Back to top